Environmental Policy Statement:
This environmental policy statement has been developed by the Directors of MBS with the help of an independent consultant. We seek to reduce our impact on the environment where possible as part of our commitment to running a profitable, sustainable business, which we want to be an exemplar in the furniture marketplace.
Our commitments include:
- We will schedule and conduct and environmental review at least yearly, with an auditing programme designed to measure our progress and deliver continual improvement.
- Our aim is to not produce, emit or discharge any waste or pollution where possible or consume unnecessarily.
- We seek to maintain an understanding of improving technologies and environmental regulation relevant to our business, so we can manage our activities in accordance with these and be at the forefront of good practice.
- Make information on furniture performance and environmental impact clear and widely available, to help organisations reduce their own environmental impacts.
- This policy is shared with everyone working for and on behalf of MBS
- MBS will continue to innovate in the ways we screen products, reduce their impact and try to mitigate this as far as possible.
Director – MBS Workplace Environments
Steps we are taking to reduce our environmental impact:
As part of the green office proposition:
- Choosing products that are:
- Largely manufactured in the UK
- Assembled, in the majority, from components produced within Europe
- Both optimal for their purpose but with a lesser environmental impact than conventional alternatives, using a careful screening process
- Sturdy and designed to last, with a product guarantee of at least 5 years on every product
- Offsetting the emissions from deliveries
- Using biodegradable and organic fabrics where possible, for upholstered products
- Operating a take back programme, where we will collect the furniture our products replace and also re-collect the products we provided at the end of its life with the client
- We will use the best practical environmental alternative for any furniture we take back where possible and economically viable. MBS have a preference towards reusing and refurbishing for the second hand furniture markets.
- Providing alternatives to the purchase of new products, including: